Wednesday 13 April 2011

Keepers Ruminations


Well this was in an interesting session.

It was a lot of fun. I'd hoped to do the Necronomicon stuff via blog but I have lazy players so that didn't happen. OTOH doing it at the session was a lot of fun.

I've started using Ken's suggestions in the corebook to play around with the gods. They're not quite what peeps might expect and I decided to use this to connect to the campaign itself which I'm hoping might pay off but OTOH may leave us stuck on the first documents. There's enough there for a whole campaign so I'll have to try to move it all on.

I was surpised that the van picking stuff up rather than dropping stuff off really threw my players. I'd not committed to either and stuff they'd said about Walsh's connection implied that they thought the former but there you go. I've got some ideas about where it's going and I hope they work.

Dawsons interactions with Dock Vogan have proven interesting. This is a character I originally interested introduced as sinister but is turning out to be at least innocuous and possibly stalwart. I pictured Dawson and Vogans meeting as being sort of like Dan Ackroyd and John Cusacks coffee in Grosse Point Blanke. Tense to say the least.

Character drives are coming into play with De'ath obsessing about breeding.

And THE PLAN went wrong as they always do.I really wasn't expecting this and it kind of threw me. What the fuck was Dawson thinking? This is the first cliff-hanger ending and I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out. I love the way players do this to you and it fits into the whole ethos of the campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment